Special Events Coming Soon at Fellinis
- I, Claude Monet
- The Sleeping Beauty - Live from The ROH
- Fidelio - From Salzburg Festival
- Hedda Gabler - Live from The National Theatre
- Manon Lescaut - Live from Teatro Regio
- A Contemporary Evening - Live from The Bolshoi
- A Midsummer Night's Dream - Live Opéra de Paris
- Madama Butterfly - Live from The Royal Opera House
- The Artist’s Garden: American Impressionism
- Twelfth Night - Live from The National Theatre
- A Hero of Our Time - Live from The Bolshoi
- Jewels - Live from The Royal Opera House
- La Gazza Ladra - Live from Teatro alla Scala
- Coppélia - The Australian Ballet
- Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead - Live NT
- The Snow Maiden - Live from the Opéra de Paris
- Julius Caesar - Live from The RSC
- Don Carlo - Live from Maggio Musicale Fiorentino
- Obsession - Live from The National Theatre
- Antony & Cleopatra - Live from The RSC
- The Dream / Symphonic - Live from The ROH
- From the New World with Gustavo Dudamel
- Peter Pan - From the National Theatre
- Michelangelo Love and Death
- Die Entführung aus dem Serail - Live from La Scala
- La Cenerentola - Live from the Opéra de Paris
- Salomé - Live from the National Theatre
- Otello - Live from The Royal Opera House
- Cavalleria Rusticana&Plagliacci-Salzburg Festival
- Angels in America: Millenium Aproaches - Live NT
- Angels in America: Perestroika - Live NT
- Titus Andronicus - Live from The RSC
- Yerma - Live from the National Theatre
For a full list of films coming soon at Fellinis and Zeffirellis please visit the Zeffirellis cinema pages by clicking here.
You can purchase Fellinis gift vouchers online, they make a perfect gift and are redeemable for cinema tickets and food.
There are £5, £10 and £20 vouchers available as well as our movie deal voucher which gets you a two course meal and entry to watch a film.
To buy online visit our online shop at Zeffirellis by clicking here.
Have you visited Zeffirellis.com - the Lake District's Premier Cinema, Restaurant and Jazz Bar?
Manon Lescaut - Live from Teatro Regio
Tuesday 14th March 7.00pm
Tickets £17.50; Movie Deal £34.45
María José Siri and Gregory Kunde star as the ill-fated lovers at the centre of Manon Lescaut, Puccini’s passionate adaptation of the classic novel about a free-spirited country girl who becomes the toast of Paris and finds herself torn between true love and a life of luxury. The opera had its debut in 1893 and was Puccini’s first major triumph - a hit with critics and audiences alike. It was with this work that Puccini revealed himself 124 years ago on the very same stage of the Teatro Regio Turino as an operaticcomposer on a par with Verdi.
Through Manon Lescaut, Puccini reveals his fascination with the destiny of a woman whose sensuality and boundless energy is shown by her passionate search for life’s pleasures. His sumptuous and rich score is characterised by youthful vitality and filled with glorious melodies to further enrich the story. Manon is a heroine in which Puccini believed in - a provocative woman fiercely attached to two incompatible entities; luxury and love. Manon dies “sola, perduta, abbandonata in landa desolata” and makes us think of another fallen woman, Violetta. Perhaps then Manon Lescaut represents a homage to Verdi.
Showing in Fellinis. (Note screen information is subject to change).
Rating: No rating
Film format: 2D Digital
Duration: 120 mins
Click on a time below to view booking options.
Tuesday 14th March
First showing in the UK on 14th March 2017